Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happiness in the heart dolls and Boy theme quilt


Two girls finished! The little guy you see perched on the window ledge between them is my "luvuggly" lovely but ugly at the same time! Made him some time ago and has been patiently waiting for a few pals to keep him company. Have made up a explanation of where luvugglies come from as soon as I get round to making more I will post the explanation for the moment back to the girls. Fortunately these girls have really taken this "luvuggly" to their hearts and insisted that I place him in the window with them so they can enjoy the sunshine together. The girls hair can be tied in pony tails if you choose and one has purple ric rack in her hair while the other has some crochet flower in her hair and on the waist band of her skirt they are not exactly alike but make a perfect pair. Hope you like these Gemma. I have been trying to keep track of the names that people have chosen to call their happiness in the heart dolls so far...... Mary called hers Beauty.........Mia named hers Little Boots!

The quilt below is a boy themed quilt I made earlier (feelin a little like a TV chef just then!). The bright red border provides a punch of colour while not overpowering the blue and white strip pieced background with the wonky star detail. When I originally made this top I was not sure how to frame it but Gabrielle came to the rescue.....with the red suggestion.....thank you Gabrielle! Me thinks it works really well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment